Saturday, November 29, 2008

Life With My 1st Thanksgiving! (well at my house)

Ray and I hosted our first Thanksgiving dinner in our new home this year! I was super excited and nervous to make a turkey for the first time! I made the turkey, stuffing, potatoes and pumpkin cheesecake. Shawna made the candied yams and Rhonda made the green bean casserole and brought rolls. It was a wonderful dinner and it was great having it at our own home! I was still nervous the whole time the turkey was in the oven that it would be too dry or not seasoned enough but it turned out AMAZING!! The meat was soooooo moist! You could just see the juiceyness while Randy was carving and oh it just melted in your mouth!! My stuffing was also perfect! The mashed potatoes were perfect like always! :) Shawna's yams were absolutely delish! I didn't have green bean casserole, it makes me gag so I can't report on that one for you! ;-) I had some sparkling cider with my dinner while everyone else had wine or beer. Don't I look super homey stuffing my turkey? I hope you all had a wonderful Turkey day as well!

This year we were very thankful for the baby! What a miracle!



No comments: