Sunday, November 02, 2008

Life at Dell.com

So recently Ray and I purchased a new TV with a stereo system from Dell.com, they were having a great sale! We had $3,000 available on our account since we had paid off the laptop so we decided that it will be our Christmas present to each other. We got the TV and stereo and we love it! (I'm watching it right now.) So then last week we still had $1,900 available and I need a new computer. Taking this laptop with me to work everyday is very hard. This is a 17" screen and is extremely heavy and hard to lug around. Also, we could not even use it on the plane because it was too large. So since Dell was having a big sale on laptops I built a new one. It was a 15" and is about 3 pounds! When I purchased the computer our account said that we now have $1,100 available. Well last week I went online to check the status of the order and it said our account had $0 credit limit, $0 available & $0 balance. Well I would love to keep that $0 balance but I don't understand why it suddenly says we have no money available! So I went online last night again to check the status and it said the order had been cancelled due to our financing not being approved. This really doesn't make any sense to me at all! How did we buy the TV if we didn't have an account? But we do have an account! We have had this account for over 2 years! Well since the website wasn't working I tried calling and the financial department couldn't find our account. I tried by the account number and by the social and they said they couldn't find it. So then this morning I called Dell.com customer service, and of course talked to someone in India I'm sure. Well she couldn't tell me anything other than the fact that yes my order had been cancelled. So tomorrow Ray will have to call the financial dept to find out why we have no account anymore. And how was our financing denied when we've had this account for so long? So needless to say if they don't fix this tomorrow when Ray calls them Dell will be losing us as customers and hopefully anyone else that is reading this. I'll keep you updated. :)

No comments: