Monday, November 03, 2008

Life With Fertility Drugs

So after taking Provera for a few days to get my period started I went to get my blood drawn on the 3rd, 14th & 21st days of my cycle. My blood showed that I wasn't ovulating. So I went back to the doctor today and I am now on Provera again to get my period, Clomid to make me ovulate and Metformin which is a diabetic med but helps Clomid work better. I am also taking Prenatal vitamins since my doctor told me to start taking them. So many medications! So I read up on Clomid and it is the most popular fertility drug with doctors. It has been around for years. It said that 60%-80% of women who take Clomin get pregant in the first 3 cycles. That definately made me feel better on what I'm taking. The one thing that won't be fun in the mean time I'm going to be pretty nauseous. So once I start my period I take Clomid for 5 days and get my blood drawn on day 14 & 21 to see if I'm ovulating. If I don't ovulate they up the dose. If after 6 months I don't get pregnant the doctor will send me to a fertility doctor to see why it isn't working. So that is what is going on with me at the moment. Please pray that the drugs will work and we can get pregnant!

No comments: